Jan 2021 Council Meeting Must Read
Breaking News: St. John’s Lutheran Church Council January 5, 2021
Dear Brothers and Sisters in Christ,
Happy New Year! I hope and pray that you are all well!
We had a Saint John’s LC Church Council meeting this evening, delayed by the pandemic from December 17th. A number of things to report that quickly emerged from the meeting.
- CHICKEN DINNER CALLED OFF FOR NOW. First, the Council had to make the tough decision to call off the Chicken Dinner scheduled for January 17th. This is because the main provider preparer of chicken, along with some of his team, must be in quarantine for a few weeks, due to the pandemic. We found out today. The Council will seek an alternative date, but must consider other events, the availability of cooks and supplies, and difficulties in cooking in warmer months.
- FOOD HANDLER TRAINING CALLED OFF FOR NOW. Second, with the Chicken Dinner called off, we are also calling off the Food Handler Training session scheduled for this Thursday evening. We hope to reschedule it as well.
- UPDATE ME ON CONTACT INFO CHANGES. Third, the Council asked me to prepare the Annual Report presented at the Annual meeting. If you have changed your phone number, address or any other contact information since 2019, please send me the new information. If you do so by replying to this message, make sure you are replying just to the sender and not replying to all. While you are at it, tell me if you would prefer to receive the Bell new letter by e-mail only. Deadline 01 February.
- UPDATE ME ON WORSHIP DUTIES PREFERENCES. Fourth, in the report I will prepare the list of worship assistants for 2021. Take a look at the list for this year. If you want to change any of your assigned duties, please contact me for that as well. If you prefer to not come to worship due to the pandemic, please formally let me know. Deadline 01 February.
- SEND IN YOUR REPORTS. Fifth, if you have a report on a church activity, send it to me as well, electronically. Deadline, 01 February.
- BUDGET COMING. Sixth, the Council has studied and prepared a budget for the coming year, thanks to the efforts of outgoing Treasurer Danita Smith, and will present it to the Congregation on February 14th. There are no major changes.
- CEMETERY BOARD ELECTION. Seventh, the Council noted that the Congregation will also need to elect some new representatives to the Cemetery Committee for 2021. The Council is accordingly calling for that election on the 14th as well.
- COUNCIL INSTALLATION THIS SUNDAY. Finally, a reminder that we will formally install our Officers and Council Members at Worship this Sunday, January 10th. We will also be observing the Feast of Epiphany (officially on the 6th).
Thanks and Godspeed,
Joe Leavengood, MDiv, JD, MBA, MA
Pastor, St John’s LC-DB, LCMC
Lt Col USAF Ret JAGC Wounded Warrior
Attorney in NM, CO, PA, ID, USSC, Fed Cts
Librarian, Writer, Bus Driver, Coach, Musician
8229 FM 141, Dime Box, TX 77853
320 Robelmont Dr., College Station, TX 77845
cell 406-366-2611, office 979-884-4035